NBG specializes in custom fiber optic solutions for perimeter intrusion detection systems (PIDS).
Have a question? Don’t hesitate to ask us.
For different terrains: soil, sand, and gravel.
The benefits of fiber optic sensors
Optical fibers serve a similar role to structures and cities that the nervous system does in the human body. Nerves provide accurate and real-time feedback about the condition of our bodies. Similarly, optical fibers communicate the ‘feeling’ of a physical structure, constantly reading all changes and any degradation.
Why Fiber Optics
Sensor / cable lifetime >20 years
No electrical power at the measurement point
Remote monitoring (50 km and more)
High sensitivity and accuracy
At sensing point Insensitive lead in to reduce disturbances
Harsh and explosive environments
Resistant to corrosion, lightning, etc.
Immune to EMI
- Zone-based (up to 500m perimeter length/zone) and 16 zones/unit
- Total perimeter length up to 8 km/unit (depending on fence type)
- Cost-effective zone-based solution
- Fence mounted and buried sensors (carpet)
- Ground: sensitive only directly on top of the carpet
- Pinpoint – Quasi-distributed monitoring (+- 5m local resolution)
- Perimeter length max. 1,6km / unit Cost-effective up to 7 km trip (depending on fence type)
- Well established platform used for 100+ Fiber optic sensing projects since 2010
- Fence mounted sensor system
- Additional monitoring of utility holes/gates with the same system
- Different sensitivity and data analysis for each section
- Pinpoint – Distributed monitoring (+- 5m local resolution)
- Two versions up to 20km or 50 km length, and therefore a cost-effective solution compared to DAS systems
- Fence/wall-mounted preferred
- Different sensitivity levels adjusting to environmental conditions of each section (HW & SW)
- Full sensitivity and bandwidth throughout the entire fiber length
- Globally established and a trusted solution since 2011
Ukraine Photovoltaic plant
Gmünd - driving safety center
Get VALUABLE INSIGHT from our
Fiber Optic PIDS Presentation
Subscribe to DOWNLOAD
from our Fiber Optic Sensing Specialists
Fiber Optic Sensing Specialist.
“Challenge me with your project”